As girls, almost all of us love wearing lip colors – be it vibrant and bright shades or nude and pastel hues. But no lipstick can create a perfect pout if your lips aren’t well cared for!
The skin on our lips is much thinner than the skin on the other parts of our body. This makes it easier for them to crack and chap and makes it much more important for us to take extra care of.
Our lips have a lesser amount of oil glands and no ability to create the sun-filtering natural melanin. This means that they have virtually no protection of their own.
Common Lip Problems and Their Causes:
Here are a few problems you may encounter with your lips:
- Chapping can occur almost in any season.
- To prevent and treat, apply a good lip balm daily.
- Do it in such a way that it slightly overlaps the edges of the lips.
- Cracks often occur after sleeping in dry air.
- To prevent this, be sure to apply a good lip balm before going to bed
- Also, try and use a humidifier as it will help retain the moisture in the air
- Caused by viral infections, these look like blisters or open scabs.
- To avoid re-infection, use cotton swabs to apply lipstick while sore is visible.
- This begins as the skin around the mouth loses collagen and elastic tissue with age, or is aggravated by smoking.
- Using a waxy lip liner to outline lips will help contain your lipstick within the line.
- When cosmetics no longer help, the more permanent (and expensive) solution is to have collagen injections to fill the cracks.
3 Simple and Effective Lip Care Tips:
1. Stay Hydrated By Drinking Lot of Water:
Staying hydrated is one of the most important things when it comes to healthy lips. Just as your skin needs to be kept hydrated from the inside, so do your lips.
2. Follow Healthy Diet Plan:
A good diet is essential not just for your skin but even for your lips. Vitamins and other nutrients reflect directly on the condition of your lips. It is essential that you stay on a healthy diet to have lovely lips!
3. Always Carry a Lip Balm or Lip Care:
You never know when your lips tend to start drying out. Make sure you have a good creamy and hydrating lip balm with you even while you are traveling.