Be it basking in the sun by the beach or participating in outdoor sports, getting tan lines is almost inevitable. Regardless the amount of sun screen we apply, we often fail to completely escape being sun-kissed. There are countless effective whitening products for the face and restoring our original facial skin tone seems highly achievable. However, that leaves the rest of our body parts still marked with unwanted tan lines, making our body skin tone visibly different from our face. With this concern in mind, we will share with you 6 easy and homemade ways to get rid of your tan lines!
Yogurt is a semi-solid food prepared from milk fermented by added bacteria. Its taste is sour-ish and usually has a thick texture. It is known for cooling the skin and reducing redness caused by inflammation. Moreover, it tightens the open pores of our skin so as to prevent harmful bacteria from settling in the spaces. Like its white colour, it helps rid off tan lines and establish a brighter skin tone.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of yogurt, 1 tablespoon of tomato juice and 2 tablespoons of cucumber juice
- Apply it on the tanned areas
- Let it rest for 30 minutes
- Wash it off with warm water
For ages, milk has been used as an excellent ingredient to improve complexion. It contains enough lactic acid to eliminate excessive dead skin cells and moisturizes the skin. This results the skin to have a natural glow and soft texture.
- Apply raw milk on tanned areas
- Leave for 10 minutes
- Rinse it off with water
Lemon is infamous not only for its teeth-gritting sour taste but for its bleaching agents. The rich content in vitamin C helps lighten the skin and restore the body’s overall skin tone. The vitamin contained is considered a powerful antioxidant that rids off dark spots and ageing features. Consistent application of lemon juice on the skin will lighten the tanned area in a short period of time.
- Squeeze out a lemon’s juice
- Apply the juice onto the tanned area
- Leave it to dry
- Wash it off
As the saying goes “as cool as a cucumber,” cucumbers store enriching cooling nutrients for the inner body and skin. Like lemons, cucumbers are rich in vitamin C which are effective in cleaning the skin, cooling heaty areas and maintaining the skin’s moisture balance.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of fresh cucumber juice and 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- Add a pinch of turmeric to it
- Mix it well
- Apply the mixture on the tanned areas
- Leave it be for 30 minutes
- Wash it off with water
Potatoes have contributed greatly to our daily meals. It does not only benefit us with its delicious taste but empower the body’s overall health. Potatoes are studied to carry abundant minerals, proteins, fibres and vitamins which are immensely helpful in keeping a glowing skin.
- peel off 2 potatoes and cut them into small thin pieces
- blend it thoroughly to form a paste
- add a tablespoon of lemon juice into the mixture
- spread the paste across the tanned area
- leave it for 30 minutes
- wash it off with cold water
Aloe vera is one of the best remedies for skin lightening and general skin health. It produces a hydrating effect and helps cleanse as well as nourish the skin. It cools any burning areas thus serve as a great antidote for sunburns and tan lines. Furthermore, it provides ample moisture for the skin to maximize its healing process.
- Apply fresh aloe vera gel on the tanned areas before sleeping
- In the morning, wash the skin thoroughly